Our classrooms are full for the 2021-22 school year. We are currently accepting applications for the waitlist for children born in 2017.
We follow the ISAAGNY dates for admissions as follows:
– We begin accepting applications in September
– Parent Tours (or parent info sessions via zoom) – November & December
– Play Visits at UPNS (if allowed) – January
– Contracts for returning children – January
– Contracts for new families – Late February
– Children must be 2 by September 15, 2021 to be eligible to attend UPNS.
– Our program is full time, Monday – Friday from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, although some families choose to bring their children home for rest.
– UPNS gives priority to currently enrolled students, siblings of current students and of students enrolled within the last five years, and children of full-time faculty, staff, and students of NYU.
Throughout all the challenges of this past year, UPNS has remained passionately committed to its core mission of providing a warm, caring, and child-centered nursery school experience. That commitment has been paired with the resilience, adaptability, and resolve necessary to make sure that UPNS is able to safely reopen its doors and continue to serve its community.
UPNS’s approach to reopening has relied on the collective expertise and wisdom of its cooperative community. The school assembled a committee that drew on the medical, scientific, and mental health professionals from the parent body as well as the educational expertise of UPNS directors and teachers to develop a reopening plan. This plan entails a number of measures that collectively enable a safe environment for all the students and teachers.
Although time outdoors has always been an important part of the experience at UPNS, this year has brought a heightened emphasis on the benefits of fresh air and reducing time in enclosed spaces. With this in mind, UPNS teachers have worked hard to incorporate more outdoor activities. Indeed, UPNS is fortunate to be located in an especially green part of the city with easy access to several open spaces that are easily utilized as outdoor classrooms.
In addition, UPNS has adhered to public health best practices by asking every person at UPNS to wear a mask. Teachers have supported children as they become more comfortable with their masks, using positive guidance and encouragement. And although all are mindful of social distancing expectations and hygiene, UPNS remains a nurturing place where hugs continue to be liberally dispensed, children are playing and learning together, and the bonds between them and their teachers continue to be cultivated. Teachers, children, and parents are all united in their sense of shared purpose and community and have enthusiastically responded to the new challenges, and we are proud that UPNS is fully operational and filled with joy on a daily basis.
UPDATE: As of April 27, 2021, we are accepting applications for children born in 2017 for the waitlist. We will begin accepting applications for the 2022-23 school year in September. If you choose to apply now you will be added to the waitlist. Please contact Layla or Loyan at info@universityplazanursery.
If you would like to apply, please submit your application and $25 application fee here.